Putting it All Together
From Building Network Automation Solutions
At a Glance
- High-intensity interactive online course;
- Jump-start your network automation career;
- Hands-on experience working on a solution to your own problem;
- 6 week course spread across ~2 months;
- Live discussion and guest speaker sessions;
- Design and coding assignments and group work;
- Final course completion certificate.
So far we’ve created data models using text files or relational databases, and Ansible playbooks that work, but produce hard-to-read garbage. It’s time for some eye candy.
We’ll discuss adding a wrapper around Ansible playbooks, using Ansible Tower, and adding a user-friendly GUI or CLI in front of your data sources.
The last guest speaker will talk about automating virtualized environments and underlying physical infrastructure. He's a well-known contributor to ipSpace.net webinars and online courses. Can you guess who he is?
Previous guest speakers
Ryan Heffernan and Mat Wood (both from Facebook) will be discussing lessons learned from automating an enterprise network environment within a web-scale software company.
Recording of the January 2017 session
Automating Facebook's Enterprise Network
- Learn how to extend Ansible, and integrate Ansible playbooks with transactional databases and front-end systems
- FlipIT Cloud podcast describes a production-grade large-scale automation solution orchestrating everything from firewall rules to Windows AD and VoIP call plans;