Putting it All Together
From Building Network Automation Solutions
At a Glance
- High-intensity interactive online course;
- Jump-start your network automation career;
- Hands-on experience working on a solution to your own problem;
- 6 week course spread across ~2 months;
- Live discussion and guest speaker sessions;
- Design and coding assignments and group work;
- Final course completion certificate.
So far we’ve created data models using text files or relational databases, and Ansible playbooks that work, but produce hard-to-read garbage. It’s time for some eye candy.
We’ll discuss adding a wrapper around Ansible playbooks, using Ansible Tower, and adding a user-friendly GUI or CLI in front of your data sources.
Thomas Wacker (UBS AG) will describe how UBS embraces automation for the currently ongoing data center network rebuild. He will start with prerequisites and key objectives, lay out the architecture, showcase the toolchain in use today, and explain the phases of build, test, documentation and ongoing operations.
In the conclusion, he’ll go through the benefits of UBS approach, the next immediate goals, and how automation will keep changing the networking industry.
Previous guest speakers
Ryan Heffernan and Mat Wood (both from Facebook) will be discussing lessons learned from automating an enterprise network environment within a web-scale software company.
Recording of the January 2017 session
Automating Facebook's Enterprise Network
- Learn how to extend Ansible, and integrate Ansible playbooks with transactional databases and front-end systems
- FlipIT Cloud podcast describes a production-grade large-scale automation solution orchestrating everything from firewall rules to Windows AD and VoIP call plans;