Putting it All Together
From Building Network Automation Solutions
At a Glance
- High-intensity interactive online course;
- Jump-start your network automation career;
- Hands-on experience working on a solution to your own problem;
- 6 week course spread across ~2 months;
- Live discussion and guest speaker sessions;
- Design and coding assignments and group work;
- Final course completion certificate.
So far we’ve created data models using text files or relational databases, and Ansible playbooks that work, but produce hard-to-read garbage. It’s time for some eye candy.
We’ll discuss adding a wrapper around Ansible playbooks, using Ansible Tower, and adding a user-friendly GUI or CLI in front of your data sources.
Ryan Heffernan and Mat Wood (both from Facebook) will be discussing lessons learned from automating an enterprise network environment within a web-scale software company.
Recording of the January 2017 session
- FlipIT Cloud podcast describes a production-grade large-scale automation solution orchestrating everything from firewall rules to Windows AD and VoIP call plans;